Job Description & Responsibilities
Interactive Brokers seeks a banking professional to resolve routine and complex client service issues thoroughly and expeditiously, utilizing sound judgment and emphasizing courtesy via telephone, email and online chat.
Client inquiries typically encompass a broad array of themes, including:
- Support Cash deposit and withdrawal activity, position transfers, and account administrative functions.
- Fraud Prevention
- Systematically follow up on and resolve pending transfers, differences and cash transfer-related issues.
- Margin calculations; Commission structure, interest and fee.
- Coordinate activities with other local and international Client Service divisions and interact with external departments such as Programming, Clearing, Cashiering and Compliance on common issues. Contribute to the development of client service systems, policies and procedures.
Qualification & Skills
- Fluent in English and German is mandatory, and French is a plus
- Banking/commercial apprenticeship or university degree in finance, economics or a related field
- Experience in a financial services position (e.g., brokerage, banking, trading, exchange or clearinghouse) is preferred but not required.
- In-depth understanding of the following financial instruments: stocks, securities options, futures, options on futures, foreign exchange and fixed income
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to accommodate client inquiries directed via telephone, email or online chat.
- Understand and Interpret SWIFT messages (MT103, MT 540)
- Experience with International security clearing and settlement, as well as experience with cash settlement, preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge of various exchange operations and regulations, product offerings and specifications, execution platforms and rules, and margin methodologies preferred but not required