Here's what your future job entails:
- Planning and implementing of equipment development projects and customer projects
- Compiling technical specifications for mechanical and hydraulic components
- Drafting new mechanical systems and modifying existing ones, in compliance with the latest standards and machine directives
- Leading projects in terms of technology, budget, time and machine safety with partial or overall responsibility
- Drafting of production and assembly drawings and parts lists
- Collaborating with internal and external parties for stability and strength calculations (FEM)
- Acting as technical liaison within the company and with suppliers
- Documenting and updating master data in ERP/PLS systems
What do we expect from our new colleague?
We are looking for a colleague to join our small local engineering team, which is part of an international organization. You will take responsibility and use your experience in the design and development of mobile machines to contribute to the development of the next generation of our solutions in an exciting field of application. It is important that you share our Normet values and see yourself as part of our team. We are looking for a new team member who has a positive attitude towards change, proactively identifies opportunities for improvement, and takes pleasure in optimizing processes.
Here's what we'd like to see on your track record:
- Bachelor's or master's or equivalent degree in mechanical engineering
- Experience in designing mechanical and hydraulic systems for mobile equipment
- Take responsibility, well organized, and can manage projects
- Enjoy technical challenges with a hands-on mentality
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills in German and technical English (B2)
- Communicative, team-oriented, and creative thinker
- Experience in 3D CAD, ERP, and PLM systems
What can you expect when working with Normet in Switzerland?
At Normet International AG in Widen AG our focus lies in the development, production, and maintenance of machinery designed for spraying concrete in tunnel and mining environments. Moreover, our service organization provides valuable assistance to our customers, offering expertise in application techniques and resolving machine-related issues on-site and during operations.
Approximately 50 of our over 1,700 employees from around the world work in Widen. You can expect a warm and informal company culture, where a collegial atmosphere (informal "you" culture) and short decision-making pathways are the norm. At the same time, you will become part of a global and diverse corporate environment.
We value self-responsibility and independence while actively fostering your professional development. Long-term opportunities for your career growth within our company are a given with us.
We place a strong emphasis on work-life balance and care for our employees. As a result, you will have a minimum of 25 vacation days per year and benefit from a 40-hour workweek with flexible hours (annual working time model). Additionally, we offer the option for remote work, as far as your role allows.
On-site, you can expect complimentary parking facilities as well as an employee restaurant with appealing discounts. As a manufacturer of electric vehicles, charging stations are naturally available. We invest in your further education and provide an outstanding pension plan. Moreover, we cover the premiums for accident and sickness day insurance for you and offer a range of other benefits.
Sounds good? We’d love to get to know you! Apply here via the red apply-button and become part of our team at Normet.