We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Thermal Spray Technician to join our team at the European Coating Solutions Center located in Wohlen, Switzerland.
- Perform thermal spray operations using various techniques and equipment
- Set up, operate, and maintain thermal spray systems
- Prepare substrates and apply coating materials according to specifications
- Inspect and evaluate coated surfaces for quality and adherence to specifications
- Troubleshoot equipment and process issues as needed
- Collaborate with co-workers to develop and improve coating processes
- Maintain accurate records of run, sample and process data
- Perform extensive on-site spraying activities
- Knowledge transfers
- System acceptances
- Training sessions
- Customer support projects
- Follow safety protocols and maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Proven experience with thermal spray operations and equipment
- Strong understanding of coating materials, application methods and equipment maintenance
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and specifications
- Detail-oriented with a focus on producing high-quality work
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously and meet timelines and milestones
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a proactive approach to troubleshooting
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Knowledge of safety regulations and best practices in a manufacturing environment
- Due to the international character of this position, the preferred candidate should have a good verbal and written command of the English and German language. International travel is an expected part of this position (20–30%).
- Potential for future development, the ability to exercise individual initiative and deepen your knowledge of thermal spraying
- Possibility for a variety of career opportunities within our successful international industrial company
Oerlikon is a global innovation powerhouse for surface engineering, polymer processing and additive manufacturing in key industries such as aerospace, automotive, energy, tooling and textiles. We serve as a key partner in enabling our customers to reach their targets for optimizing the performance, function and sustainability of their products and manufacturing processes.
Our solutions reduce emissions in transportation, maximize longevity and performance of tools, increase energy efficiency and advance intelligent material and sustainable polymer processing. These achievements are proven hallmarks of our global leadership.
We at Oerlikon embrace diversity. This is reflected in more than 11,800 employees, representing over 93 nationalities and our presence in more than 38 countries and 207 locations worldwide.
Learn more about Oerlikon: